Berlin Memorial



               Something I learned from the Berlin Memorial Activity is that Nazi’s throughout the years applies more laws against the Jewish people that led them to very little freedom and supplies. These laws that the Nazi’s were using against the Jews were called the Nuremberg Laws. The Nuremberg Laws required the Jews to follow these rules in order to luckily survive under the control of the Nazi’s. These laws were unfair to the Jewish population which had to go through a tough moment in their lives to the ones that survived, and the ones who unfortunately passed away. The Nuremberg required the Jews to have no milk, shop from only 4-5 (food), can’t use public telephone, can’t own businesses, etc.


               The Berlin Memorial was built to remember the Jews, though and other groups were also targeted, but Jews are recognized in the Berlin Memorial. The Jews was the group of people most targeted during and before the start of the second world. It is very important to recognize them in a respectful manner as their lives were taken during a harsh period to the Jewish community. I think it’s  also built to remember a historical event in which lives were lost, and/or had to start over a new life. I I think it’s also for new generations because they’re/we’re the next generation in which are going to pass thru stories, historical events, etc. The Holocaust is historical event not just many lives were lost, but because they were blamed for the loss of World War, and Jews had few to any rights during and before the war.



             I noticed that from 1933 to 1945 the laws got more and more complex for the Jews. They started with laws not as complex such as the Jews not being included in school, job, and as a citizen. Later on, the Nazi began to make more complex laws as the like of no milk, shopping for food from 4-5, middle-names Sara (women) Israel (Men) for Jews, etc. But, everything began to be more difficult for the Jews and had less and less rights. Jews had to turn in their license, couldn’t use telephones, no radios. They didn’t have much communication between each other, and didn’t have a single clue about what was happening during the war.


          I think if I were in the shoes of the Jews when the Nuremberg Laws were active I think some of the laws I would struggle with would be not having a license, not allowed to use the public telephone,  not allowed to hear new from radios, and how I wouldn’t be allowed to attend a public school. Without a license I wouldn’t be able to transport to places. Without the use of a public telephone I wouldn’t be able to communicate to other people other than the people that I had with me during the harsh times. Turning in my radios I wouldn’t be able to hear what’s going on in the world, with me as a Jew, and news about the world especially. Finally, without school I wouldn’t have an education, so I would have to adapt to not having school, and have to deal with the harsh punishments as a Jew.


         
 
             

Comments

Popular Posts